JOIN OUR 2022-2023
Bucket & Tees year round street fundraising campaign.
Volunteers ages 12 & up.
1. College Internship
2. Organizational Membership
3. Community Service Learning hours for 6 to 12th graders
Join Today and be the voice for change
Strength in numbers
power in unity
we are the change we seek
2018 - 2019 Fundraiser
Victorious K. Swift and James Forrester led vastly different lives but were taken by the same scourge of gun violence in Baltimore. Victorious was a student activist with the Baltimore Algebra Project (2012- 2017) and co-founder of the Afrikan Heritage Walkathon (2002-2017), community organizer, advocate for families in need, at-risk youth, and other grassroots organizations in Baltimore City. He was a beloved son, brother, uncle, and friend. On March 26, 2017, Victorious was brutally murdered 4 blocks from his home after leaving a 12-hour music recording session. James Forrester was a legend in the local rock music community and an incredible Tattoo Artist. He was brutally murdered on December 18, 2017, while at work on the phone with his wife.
Councilman Zeke Cohen has joined together with Victory Swift and Tina Giles Forrester, the mother of Victorious and widow of James, to launch a scholarship fund to honor the legacy of their loved ones. They are working across lines of race, class, and geography to help end the violence and provide an opportunity for the next generation of children in Baltimore to thrive.
Our Victorious City, Inc. has created four scholarships:
(Our Victorious City is extending our scholarship application deadline from February 17 2023 to June 19, 2023 due to unavoidable issues)
1. In honor of the families of those who were murdered in the streets of Baltimore City, Our Victorious City have created the Tariq Alston Memorial Student Scholarship for Families of Homicide Victims.
2. Memorializing Victorious Swift’s work, commitment to service and aspirations, a Victorious K. Swift Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to graduating students from the Baltimore Design School pursuing higher education, as well the Victorious K. Swift Memorial Citywide Student Scholarship.
3. Honoring India Chapple's legacy and passion for life a qualified Baltimore City Public/ Charter School student will be awarded the India Chapple Memorial Student Scholarship for Music and the Arts.
4. Victorious K. Swift Memorial Entrepreneurial Empowerment Scholarship, $1,000.00- $2,000.00. Application request available deadline is February 17 annually.
Above applications available through Our Victorious City. Org. September 17- February 17 annually. Scholarship Award is up to $5,000.00 for the 2022-2023 school year.
In addition to the above-mentioned scholarships, there is also the:
1. Victorious K. Swift 2022-23 Educator of the Year Award( a self-nomination award for all Baltimore City Public & Charter School teachers of all grades) of $3,000. Application request available deadline is February 17 annually, for the 2022-2023 school year.
The families and friends of Victorious, India, and Tariq continue to fight to stop violence in Baltimore City. The funds will be in the custody of Our Victorious City Inc. (a 501(c)(3) non-profit) & College Bound Foundation who is OVC's fiduciary sponsor for four of the scholarships.
Please send all donations via check or postal money order to Our Victorious City Inc. (EIN# 47-0950637) at 3226 Dudley Ave. Suite 100 Baltimore, Maryland 21213 or make direct monthly payments to Our Victorious City, c/o SECU through direct deposit, check, or money order ( any location). Please email us your donation information to receive a tax-deductible receipt to: email@example.com. Thank so very much for your support, your donation, your love, support, and unity!
WAYS YOU CAN DONATE
Send a tax deductible check or money order to
Our Victorious City,Inc.
@ 3226 Dudley Avenue Suite 100 Baltimore, Maryland 21213 & memo line note for Scholarship or as needed. Thank you!
Over the Phone
You may Cashapp Our Victorious City, Inc. at $0VC19
Make a pledge to change lives by raising funds as a group, family, school, church, organization, etc. for our 4th Annual Emerald Dinner Fundraiser for college scholarships.